Quotes from Jose Mourinho

1. "There is no pressure at the top. The pressure's being second or third.”

2. "For me the most important thing in my life is love. I think you have to be in love with your family, with your job, with the people who work for you. If you are not in love with your wife you have to divorce. If you are not in love with your kids you are not a human being so you have to kill yourself, if you are not in love with your job you must change your job.”

3. "I've been very keen to work with adidas as I see their leadership in football as a perfect synergy with my own aspirations and ambitions.”

4. "And I think because of the passion of every English player and every English supporter, and every English journalist for the game, most of the game is played with passion, love for football and instinct, but in football you also have to think."

5. "In five years I have never had a match where my team has had less possession than the opponents."

6. "You see how Spanish, Italians, Portuguese play football. I don't say they are perfect, I say English football has a few things to learn from them in the same way they have a lot of things to learn from English football."

7. “I am very happy because the club is beating records with the sales of new shirts. I don’t sell shirts but there a relation between shirt sales and the performance of the team. If we perform well they sell more shirts.”

8. “If Roman Abramovich helped me out in training we would be bottom of the league and if I had to work in his world of big business, we would be bankrupt!”

9. “Everybody was waiting for Chelsea not to win every game and one day, when we lose, there will be a holiday in the country. But we are ready for that.”

10. “Sometimes you see beautiful people with no brains. Sometimes you have ugly people who are intelligent, like scientists.”

11. “It is like having a blanket that is too small for the bed. You pull the blanket up to keep your chest warm and your feet stick out. I cannot buy a bigger blanket becuase the supermarket is closed. But I am content because the blanket is cashmere. It is no ordinary blanket.”

12. “Young players are a little bit like melons. Only when you open and taste the melon are you 100 per cent sure that the melon is good."

13. “It is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem”

14. “I felt the power of Anfield, it was magnificent”

15. “Please don’t call me arrogant, but I’m European champion and I think I’m a special one.”

16. “Would you phone the president of Ghana?” - when Jose Mourinho was asked by a Ghanaian journalist on whether he had ever phoned Roman Abramovich.

17. “The crowd is magnificent, singing “F**k off Mourinho!” and so on…”


18. "We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, we have a top manager."

19. "As we say in Portugal, they [Spurs] brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal. I would have been frustrated if I had been a supporter who paid £50 to watch this game because Spurs came to defend. There was only one team looking to win, they only came not to concede - it's not fair for the football we played."



No comments: