Nerve Pumping



"It is the voters of Permatang Pauh who have stood by my family and me during my good times and my bad," Anwar tells the crowd. "When I was at the height of my career as a minister and deputy prime minister you gave me support."

"Even when I was down and out in prison, you still stood by me and Wan Azizah during the three general elections that she contested on my behalf," he says.

"It is with this confidence that I am coming before you all again, to judge and appraise if I am worthy of your trust again despite all the allegations which have been leveled against me," says Anwar.

"All of you carry with you a heavy burden as you are holding the future of this country in your hands comes Aug 26, and you all know deep down in your hearts that I will not let all of you down."
malaysia-today

No comments: